|Главная » Файлы » Иностранные языки » Голиццынский|
МОДАЛЬНЫЕ ГЛАГОЛЫ _Упр. 531 по 554 _ключи
1. I had to go to the office. 2. She must have gone to the office. 3. You must speak to her. 4. They must be speaking about it now. 5. I had to write to my sister about it. 6. She must have written to her sister. 7. I must read this book. 8. She must be reading this book. 9. Mother was ill, and I had to take my sister to school. 10. They must be playing in the yard.
1. He must be very clever. 2. He must have recognized you. 3. He was to go to the headmaster and explain his behaviour. 4. You will have to speak to her. 5. They had to walk for a long time. 6. He will not have to rewrite the composition. 7. He must be painting her portrait. 8. They must have already gone. 9. He was to make a wonderful discovery. 10. I am to do a lot of work today. 11. I had to go there myself. 12. You will have to wait a little. 13. When is he to come? 14. The train was to arrive a few minutes later. 15. Unfortunately, they were not able to go to the party. Their mother had to wait for the plumber. Their father had to work late at his office. Their aunt had to take care of the small children. Their uncle had to fix his car. Bad luck!
I. Can he know your sister? . Неужели он знает вашу сестру?
Can he be busy? . Неужели он занят?
Can he be ill? . Неужели он болен?
Can he be tired? . Неужели он устал?
Can he be hungry? . Неужели он голоден?
II. Can he be sleeping? . Неужели он сейчас спит?
Can he be working hard? . Неужели он сейчас упорно работает?
Can he be watching TV? . Неужели он сейчас смотрит телевизор?
Can he be having dinner? . Неужели он сейчас обедает?
Can he be playing football? . Неужели он сейчас играет в футбол?
III. Can he have forgotten your address? . Неужели он забыл ваш адрес?
Can he have lost your book? . Неужели он потерял вашу книгу?
Can he have missed the train? . Неужели он опоздал на поезд?
Can he have caught cold? . Неужели он простудился?
Can he have fallen ill? . Неужели он заболел?
Can he have left the country? . Неужели он уехал из страны?
Can he have sold his piano? . Неужели он продал свое пианино?
Can he have bought a car? . Неужели он купил машину?
а) Can . возможность
1. Could you help me with the translation of this article? I am afraid I cannot do it alone. . Вы не могли бы помочь мне с переводом этой статьи? Боюсь, что я не смогу сделать его один.
2. He shut himself up in the study for the whole day, and I could see through the window that he was writing busily. . Он заперся в кабине-те на целый день, и я видел в окно, что он пишет, не отрываясь.
3. She can’t come tomorrow because they will be working the whole day. . Она не может прийти завтра, потому что они будут работать весь день.
4. I simply could not refuse: they would have been hurt. . Я просто не мог отказать: они бы очень обиделись.
5. The island can be reached by boat or even on foot when the tide is low. . До острова можно добраться на лодке или даже пешком во время отлива
b) Can . вежливая просьба
1. Can you tell me the way to the nearest post office? . Вы не мог-ли бы сказать, как пройти к ближайшей почте?
2. Could you help me with the translation of this article? . Вы не могли бы помочь мне с переводом этой статьи?
3. Could you leave the boy here for half an hour? I want him to help me. . Вы не могли бы оставить здесь мальчика на полчаса? Я хочу, чтобы он мне помог.
c) Can’t . "не может быть"
1. "But they can’t be as bad as he!" . «Но, не может быть, чтобы они были такими же плохими, как он!»
2. A little bit of boiled fish can’t hurt you, you know. . Знаете ли, кусочек вареной рыбы не может Вам повредить.
3. Can she have been waiting for us all this time? . . Неужели она ждет нас все это время?
4. He was not old. He couldn’t have been more than forty. . Он был не стар. Ему не могло быть больше сорока лет.
5. "Oh!" she cried in surprise, "it’s impossible! You can’t have done it!" . «О! . вскричала она удивленно, . это невозможно! Не мо-жет быть, что Вы это сделали!»
1. The teacher can’t have permitted you to use the dictionary. 2. Nick can’t have got up at seven and done his morning exercises. 3. It can’t have been Kate who aired the room. 4. There can’t have been a lot of pupils in the library yesterday. 5. It can’t have been John who broke the radio set. 6. You can’t have seen Ann in the library yesterday. 7. Boris can’t have been in the canteen five minutes ago. 8. Robert can’t have taken two bags with him. 9. That can’t have been Ann who plugged in the tape recorder. 10. Nick can’t have been doing the recording for two hours. 11. It can’t have been Mary who rewound the tape. 12. The teacher can’t have let you take the tape home.
1. This car can’t have been built twenty years ago. 2. These photo-graphs can’t have been taken in the north. 3. This tape recording can’t have been done last week. 4. James can’t have been given an excellent mark in history. 5. Ann can’t have been given an excellent mark for her geometry test. 6. This house can’t have been built at the beginning of this century. 7. This tower can’t have been built in the 9th century. 8. This book can’t have been written by a good writer. 9. This film can’t have been made by a good director. 10. This play can’t have been written by a clever playwright. 11. This film can’t have been shot in a fortnight. 12. This book can’t have been translated into Russian in the 19th century. 13. This castle can’t have been built in the 15th century. 14. This picture can’t have been painted by an Italian artist. 15. This refrigerator can’t have been produced ten years ago.
1. You can’t be serious. 2. She can’t be a traitor. 3. He can’t have made such an important discovery. 4. The teacher can’t have forgotten to correct our homework. 5. The work can’t be too difficult for my friend. 6. Jane can’t have made such a mistake. 7. The cat can’t have eaten all the fish. 8. Our papers can’t have been so poor. 9. You can’t have believed such a silly lie. 10. He can’t have stolen the money. 11. They can’t have heard the story before. 12. She can’t be good at physics.
1. They can’t be at home now. 2. He can’t know so much. 3. They can’t be playing in the yard now. It is late. 4. She can’t be still sleeping. It is already ten o’clock. 5. He can’t have missed the train. 6. She can’t have deceived me. 7. You can’t have made such a mistake. 8. She can’t have failed the exam. 9. She can’t have betrayed me. 10. He can’t have given up smoking / have stopped smoking. 11. He can’t have done it. 12. He can’t have become a doctor. 13. He can’t have translated this book.
1. Can he be a good runner? He is so small. 2. She can’t have finished school. 3. He can’t be a scientist. 4. He can’t have been a scientist. 5. Can she be still sleeping? 6. Can they have lost the game? 7. He can’t have said it! 8. A grown-up man can’t like such books! 9. She can’t have told you this. 10. Can it have been so cold? 11. She can’t have been late for the lesson: she has never been late before. 12. She can’t have mixed up the streets. 13. It can’t be true. 14. Can you have torn my note? 15. He can’t be in the park now: it is late. 16. She can’t have written it. I am sure that somebody else has written it.
1. Can you ask .. 2. Can it be . 3. Can / Could you not have seen .. 4. He cannot forget .. 5. . if you could visit .. 6. . she cannot / could not have forgotten .. 7. . he could finish .. 8. . they cannot be ... 9. . we could use .. 10. She could have slept ... 11. .you cannot have . 12. Our son could speak .. 13. Can I call ... 14. Could I have ... 15. We cannot really decide . could see ..
1. Could you show us the way to the stadium? 2. She cannot have broken her leg. 3. I will not go for a walk: she may ring me up. 4. Where are my books? . I don’t know. Mother may have put them into the bookcase. 5. She cannot / could not / have broken the glass: she is so careful. 6. It is very cold today: it may snow. 7. Mike may come later. 8. I have been looking for my literature exercise-book for an hour. I can-not / could not / have left it at school. . You may have given it to Kate. 9. They may have been studying French for a long time. 10. My brother may come today. 11. She may have gone to the country. 12. We might have met with him in Novgorod, but I don’t remember it. 13. She may be trying to call us now but she cannot get through to us: our telephone is broken. 14. She cannot / could not / have finished this work so soon. She may have done only half of it. 15. You cannot / could not / have lost the money. You may have put it into your bag. . No, it is not in the bag. I may have dropped it in the shop. 16. He cannot have left. 17. Can / Could he have translated the whole book? 18. It cannot be cold outside: the thermometer says fifteen degrees. 19. He could not get the book because the library was closed. 20. He cannot / could not / have got the book: the library was closed.
1. You must be tired: you have been working for hours. 2. He may have visited the Hermitage when he was in St. Petersburg last year. 3. It must be a very deep lake. 4. That building in the distance must be the sta-tion. 5. You cannot have lost your passport: you must have put it into an-other bag. 6. The girl may have been frightened. 7. You must have left your textbook in the canteen. 8. They cannot give up such a brilliant idea. 9. You look pale: you must be tired. 10. This boy cannot be a good friend.
1. Hurry up: you may miss the train. 2. He may have fallen ill. 3. He may be ill. 4. He cannot have forgotten to buy flowers. 5. He cannot have quarrelled with her. 6. She must have learnt about it from Masha. 7. It must have been a very difficult problem. 8. It must be very cold outside. 9. She must have met them on the way home. 10. They cannot have sold their house. 11. They may come tomorrow. 12. My sister must be in the library now. 13. He cannot have taken the first place. 14. He might have heard about it. 15. Mother must have bought sweets. 16. She may have rung me up yesterday, but I was out. 17. He might be at school now. 18. She cannot be so young. She must be at least thirty. 19. There must be thick woods growing around your village. 20. He cannot have written the letter so soon. 21. We may go to the beach: the weather is wonderful. 22. It must be a very ancient manuscript. 23. Let’s ring up Robert: we may need his advice.
1. You should smoke less. 2. You should not give her sweets before dinner. 3. She should copy passages out of a book. 4. He should not shout at the dog. 5. You should not speak so fast. 6. The boy should play out of doors. 7. You should take a taxi. 8. You should try the room next door.
1. Вам следует знать, как воспитывать детей так, чтобы они не были неудачниками. 2. Вы не должны давать ребенку все, что он за-хочет. Вам не следует удовлетворять каждое его желание в получе-нии еды, питья и удобств. В противном случае он вырастет с верой в то, что общество обязано содержать его. 3. Вам не следует смеяться над ним, когда он подхватывает плохие слова. Это заставит его ду-мать, что он не находчивый (не сообразительный; не умный) ребе-нок. Это также не поощрит его подхватывать «более привлекатель-ные» фразы. 4. Вы не должны избегать употребления слова «Плохо» («Ты не прав»). Это не приучит его к мысли, что общество против него, если вдруг позднее он будет арестован за кражу машины. 5. Вам не следует подбирать книги, ботинки, одежду . все то, что он разбрасывает где попало. Вы не должны делать для него все, иначе он научится перекладывать свою ответственность на других. 6. Вы не должны часто ссориться в присутствии своего ребенка. В противном случае он будет не слишком потрясен, если позже семья развалится. 7. Вам не следует быть на его стороне против соседей, учителей и полицейских. Не все они настроены против вашего ре-бенка. / Они не все относятся с предубеждением к вашему ребенку./ 8. Если он попадет в беду (в неприятную историю), Вы не должны оправдывать себя, говоря: «Я никогда ничего не мог сделать с ним».
1. You should not have taken the child to the cinema. 2. You should not have forgotten to leave a message for her. 3. You should have waited for them. 4. You should have put down her address. 5. You should have explained to her how to get here. 6. You should not have bought these shoes. 7. You should not have told her what you thought about her idea. 8. You should have seen the film. 9. You should not have written with a pencil. 10. You should not have eaten too much cake with your tea.
A. 1. You should tell her about it. 2. You should not stay there so late. 3. She should go to the doctor at once. 4. You should put on woollen socks. 5. They should begin earlier. 6. You should not speak English to her. 7. You should turn right. 8. You should tell somebody about it.
В. 1. You should have told her about it. 2. You should not have stayed there so late. 3. She should have gone to the doctor at once. 4. You should have put on woollen socks. 5. They should have begun earlier. 6. You should not have spoken English to her. 7. You should have turned right. 8. You should have told somebody about it.
1. Children should be more attentive to their parents. 2. He should consult the doctor. 3. He should have consulted the doctor long ago. 4. You should not give the child so many sweets. 5. He should read this book. 6. He should have read this book. 7. You should go there and speak to them. 8. You should have gone there and spoken to them. 9. He should not have spoken so rudely. 10. He should not have forgotten about my request. 11. She should have returned long ago. 12. You shouldn’t go there. 13. You should have read this book last year. 14. You should speak to your uncle when he comes. 15. She should not have car-ried such heavy things. 16. He should have remembered about it. 17. You should have asked permission. 18. You should not have worried. 19. You should work more. 20. She should listen to the teacher’s advice. 21. You should apologize: you are wrong. 22. You should not miss English les-sons.
1. You should not have crossed the street under the red light.
2. You should cross the street when the lights are green.
3. You should cross the street by the subway.
4. You should take off your hat when entering a room.
5. You should have helped your classmate to clean the classroom.
6. You should take some medicine.
7. You need not have bought bread.
8. You should have been present at the meeting.
9. You need not have sent a telegram.
10. You should not have gone out without your coat.
11. You need not have apologized.
12. You should have attended this lecture.
13. You need not have got up at six o’clock on Sunday morning.
14. You should not have read till two o’clock in the morning.
15. You need not have copied the whole text into your exercise-book.
16. You need not have watered the garden.
17. You should have returned the books to the library.
1. a) You must have studied .
b) You should have studied .
2. a) She should have followed .
b) She must have followed .
3. a) You must have ignored .
b) You should have followed .
4. a) She must have forgotten .
b) She should have remembered .
5. a) I must have got .
b) I should have looked .
1. I had to take a taxi ... 2. You should have taken a taxi. 3. You should have given them .. 4. . so I had to bake . 5. You should have baked .. 6. . we had to wait .. 7. We had to wear .. 8. You should ask .. 9. I had to go out and tell .. 10. You should tell .
1. He had to leave early. 2. . they had to get a taxi. 3. You should have disconnected .. 4. . and she had to go .. 5. I should have writ-ten . as I had to translate .. 6. I should not have taken . I really had to do .. 7. You should have seen . You should have gone .. 8. . we had to attend it. 9. He should have attended .. 10. . he had to at-tend ..
1. a) You need not have gone downtown: .
b) I did not have to go downtown, .
2. a) You need not have checked up the spelling: .
b) I did not have to check up the spelling : .
3. a) I did not have to ring him up, .
b) . I need not have rung him up, .
4. a) I did not have to buy sugar
b) You need not have bought sugar, .
5. a) We did not have to worry about her, .
b) You need not have worried about us: .
6. a) You need not have gone there, .
b) We did not have to go there , .
7. a) I did not have to go to the library, .
b) You need not have gone to the library: .
1. You should not have gone .. 2. . and we did not have to go ... 3. . that you need not have worried. 4. You should not run .. 5. You should not have told .. 6. You need not go .. 7. You should not put . 8. You need not give .. 9. I will just have to pay cash . I will have to give .. 10. . you should call ... 11. There shouldn’t be ... 12. You need not have told .. 13. . the orange marmalade should be refrigerated .. 14. . but I don’t have to do .. 15. You shouldn’t be ..
|Просмотров: 204 | Загрузок: 0 ||
|Всего комментариев: 0|