|Главная » Файлы » Иностранные языки » Голиццынский|
ПРИЧАСТИЕ, ГЕРУНДИЙ И ОТГЛАГОЛЬНОЕ СУЩЕСТВИТЕЛЬНОЕ _Упр. 421 по 426 _ключи
ПРИЧАСТИЕ, ГЕРУНДИЙ И ОТГЛАГОЛЬНОЕ СУЩЕСТВИТЕЛЬНОЕ
1. a) We all listened with great interest to the speaker criticizing the new book.
b) Criticizing the work of our sports club, he said that it was not sat-isfactory.
c) We were criticizing the work of our sanitary committee at that moment.
2. a) When we entered the classroom, we saw many students writing at the desks.
c) He was writing a letter when I entered the room.
4. Everybody ran to meet the people returning from the city.
5. They went home quickly protecting themselves from the rain by walking under the trees.
8. In this picture you can see a young man giving flowers to a girl.
13. Never jump off a moving train.
15. Running water is always better than standing water.
16. The remaining cakes were given to the children.
17. The cakes, remaining from the evening, were given to the chil-dren.
20. They went out to meet the returning women.
22. Returning home after a good holiday, he looked a picture of health.
1. d) I have no objection to your criticizing me.
2. b) Do you mind my writing with your pen?
3. Lydia could retell the English story she had read without looking into the book.
5. They went home quickly, protecting themselves from the rain by walking under the trees.
6. In this factory much attention is paid to protecting the health of the workers.
7. He stopped writing and looked around.
9. Playing volleyball is a good amusement for young people.
10. She left the room without saying a word.
11. We had the pleasure of seeing the performance.
12. John likes studying history.
14. Reading books out of doors is his favorite way of spending the summer holidays, but he likes swimming and going on excursions as well.
18. You can learn what the new words mean by looking them up in the dictionary.
19. Before going to meet his friend, he went home to change his clothes.
21. Returning home after a good holiday is always pleasant.
1. He was looking at the plane flying overhead. 2. Wishing to learn to skate, she bought herself a pair of skates. 3. Being frightened by the dog, the cat climbed a high fence. 4. Coming out of the wood, the travel-lers saw a ruined castle in the distance. 5. Growing corn on his desert is-land, Robinson Crusoe hoped to eat bread one day. 6. Having prepared all the necessary equipment, they began the experiment. 7. While trans-lating the text, I looked up many words in the dictionary. 8. Entering the room, I saw my friends smiling at me. 9. Watching the playing kittens was great fun for the children.
1. Just imagine his coming first in the race! 2. The children were tired of running. 3. It is no use going there now. 4. My greatest pleasure is travelling. 5. Growing tomatoes needs a lot of sunshine. 6. Growing roses takes a lot of care and attention. 7. Mary will stop for a few days at the seaside before going back home. 8. I usually help mother by washing the dishes and doing the rooms. 9. Instead of phoning his friend, he went to see him. 10. The boys continued playing football. 11. Watching the playing kittens was great fun for the children.
1. She blamed herself for having been a dull companion. 2. Your having written is really no excuse for your not coming on the day fixed. 3. The motor was carefully examined before starting. 4. I am very pleased to meet you after hearing so much about you. 5. Your hair wants cutting. 6. I will look forward to seeing you again. 7. It was no use talk-ing about it any longer. 8. Sleeping is necessary. 9. We felt so disap-pointed at your having missed nearly half the programme. 10. Are you dressed for going out? 11. I hate the idea of doing it once more. 12. But you don’t mind being asked to help us, do you?
b) Отглагольное существительное
1. The singing of those beautiful folk songs impressed me greatly. 2. Such doings can hardly be explained. 3. The building of this house will cost much money. 4. Then came a general lighting of pipes and ci-gars. 5. The forest resounded with the hooting of owls and the howling of wolves.
1. The driving wheel of the machine is broken. 2. Driving in a motor car, we passed many villages. 3. Having been knocked down by a pass-ing car, the poor man was at once taken to hospital. 4. You don’t know what you miss, not having the desire to listen to good music. 5. I was told of a great friendship existing between the two captains. 6. There are many discoveries being made all over the world. 7. Seeing this man, I recollected perfectly having met him many years before.
1. We have every chance of passing our examinations well. 2. Trav-elling is a pleasant way of improving one’s education. 3. It is no use cry-ing over spilt milk. 4. Asking him for help is useless. 5. Happily we es-caped being delayed on our way. 6. Seeing this man, I recollected per-fectly having met him many years before.
c) Отглагольное существительное
1. These happenings are remarkable. 2. Every trust arranges for the marketing of its products.
1. Sitting by her sleeping child, the worried mother at last began to realize by its peaceful breathing that all danger was over. 2. I stopped knocking at the door and, sitting down at the top of the stairs, began waiting for my father to come. 3. With a sudden tightening of the mus-cles he became aware of a figure walking noiselessly beside him. 4. Having stopped crying, the child quieted down to hard thinking. 5. The old clock kept ticking on the mantelpiece, as if counting the sec-onds left before the coming of daylight. 6. Looking back upon that time, he realized how happy he had been then. 7. Tom lived there like a pay-ing guest, attracting very little attention of the others.
1. Sitting by her sleeping child the worried mother at last began to re-alize by its peaceful breathing that all danger was over. 2. I stopped knocking at the door and, sitting down at the top of the stairs, began waiting for my father to come. 3. She praised herself for having come. 4. Having stopped crying, the child quieted down to hard thinking. 5. The old clock kept ticking on the mantelpiece, as if counting the sec-onds left before the coming of daylight. 6. Remembering that time was like going back to his childhood and reliving those happy days.
c) Отглагольное существительное
1. With a sudden tightening of the muscles he became aware of a figure walking noiselessly beside him. 2. The old clock kept ticking on the mantelpiece, as if counting the seconds left before the coming of day-light.
1. We sat by the riverside listening to the running of the water. 2. Going home from the theatre, they were discussing the play they had seen.
1. Working in the garden is very good for the health of people. 2. You would think before speaking. 3. After finding the new word in the dictionary, I wrote it down and went on reading. 4. What do you mean by saying that? 5. Instead of going home after school, the girls went for a walk. 6. Chalk is used for writing on the blackboard.
c) Отглагольное существительное
1. We sat by the riverside listening to the running of the water. 2. The cleaning of the room was done by the girls. 3. He spent much time on the copying of his literature lectures. 4. The students found the reading of English newspapers rather difficult at first.
|Просмотров: 1759 | Загрузок: 0 ||
|Всего комментариев: 0|