|Главная » Файлы » Иностранные языки » Топики _ Доклады _ Сочинеия_Рефераты на английском языке|
The United Kingdom and Northern Ireland is situated on the British Isles. The British Isles consist of two large islands, Great Britain and Ireland, and about five thousand small islands. Their total area is over 244 000 square kilometers. The United Kingdom is made up of four countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Their capitals are London, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast respectively. Great Britain consists of England, Scotland and Wales and does not include Northern Ireland. But in everyday speech Great Britain is used to mean the United Kingdom. The capital of UK is London.
London is political, economic, culture and commercial center of the country. It’s one of the largest cities in the world and the largest one in Europe. The population of the city is over 8 million. London is also one of the oldest and most interesting cities in the world. The British isles are separated from the European continent by the North Sea and the English channel. The western coast of Great Britain is washed by the Atlantic Ocean and the Irish Sea. The surface of the British Isles is varies very much. The north of Scotland is mountainous and is called Highlands, while the south, which has beautiful valleys and plains, is called Lowlands. The north and west of England are mountainous, but all the rest - east, center and southeast - is a vast plain. Mountains are not very high. There are a lot of rivers in GB, but they are not very long. The Severn is the longest river, while the Thames is the deepest and most important one. The UK is one of the world’s smaller countries. The population of the country is over 57 million and about 80% of it is urban. The UK is highly developed industrial country. It’s known as one of world’s largest producers and exporters of machinery, electronics, textile, aircraft and navigation equipment. The UK is constitutional monarchy. In law, the Head of State is the Queen, but in practice, the Queen reigns, does not rule. The country is ruled by the elected government with the Primer Minister at the head. The British Parliament consists of two chambers : the House of Lords and the House of Commons. Now the Primer Minister of the United Kingdom is Tony Blair.
1. The United Kindom of Great Britan and Nothen Island is situated on the British Iles not far from Europe. It consists of the island of Great Britan, the north-easten part of Irland and a great number of small islands. Such as: the Orkney, the Hebrides, the Isle of White and many others.
2. If you look at the map of europe you will see that Great Britan is not large. It takes 6 hours to trevel in a fast train, from London, the capital of England, to Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland. And the June from London to Plemouth takes a little over 4 hours by train.
3. There are 4 part of Great Britain England, the capital is London, Scotland the capital is Edinburg, Walles the capital is Cardif and Northen Island the capital is Belfast. Griat Britan lies not far from continent. It is siparated from europe by the North Sea and England Channel. The channel in it's narrowest part The Strate of Dover is only 32 kilometres.
4. Great Britan has a very good geographical position, as it lies on the crossways of the sea routes from Europe to other parts of the World.
The sea connects Britain with most European countrys such as:Belgium,
Holland, Denmark, Norway, Russia and some other countrys. The main sea route from Europe to America also passed throught the channel.
5. British climet is miled and damp. It often rains frogs are quit requent espeacially in the West and south-west. The Gulf Stream a warm ocean current warms to seas around the British coast moderating the climet, giving it cold Summers milds winters. The tempirature in winter seldom folls below zero and the field and meadow are green all year round.
|Просмотров: 363 | Загрузок: 0 ||
|Всего комментариев: 0|